"The 40 Developmental Assets® framework was created by Search Institute consisting of preventative measures, positive experiences, and qualities that young people need to grow up healthy, caring and responsible. These assets are protective factors that have been consistently shown, by research, to buffer youth from risk.
The more assets a child has the higher probability that child will not be involved in behaviors such as: teen pregnancy, school dropout, substance abuse, delinquency or violence.
Assets are concrete, positive, common sense experiences and qualities that:
- Provide understanding of what young people need to succeed and be healthy
- Focus on solutions rather than problems
- Are powerful predictors of behavior
- Protective factors that inhibit behaviors such as alcohol and drug abuse, sexual intercourse, and school failure
- Enhancement factors that promote positive development
- Resiliency factors that help youth to cope with and avoid difficult situations
I am hoping for your every success!
Elizabeth Fitzgerald, Owner